our blogjust usthe sitefeatures

Thursday, November 3, 2011

I Will Awaken Myself from this {Dream}

1: Dear Diary, today I tried not to think about Mr. Knightly. I tried not to think about him when I spoke about the menu with cook. 2: Oh is Mr. Knightly coming? 1: Why do you say that? 2: Lamb stew is his favorite. 1: I tried not to think about him in the garden where I thrice plucked the daisies to acertain his feelings for Harriet. I don't think we should keep daisies in the garden, they really are drab little flowers. And I tried not to think about him when I went to bed. Bbut something had to be done.


While brainstorming for this workshop, we knew that we were in love love love with the story of Emma and her battle of love for the man she did not even knew she loved until it was almost too late.  We drew a lot of inspiration for this portrait/boudoir shoot from the anguish that Emma Woodhouse felt when she thought she had lost the love of her life, but also the happy thoughts that she felt while thinking of him and loving him.  


We also drew inspiration form the lovely scene in Mansfield Park where all the girls are playing water glasses.  I love the way that light plays on water, and we really wanted to bring that into the element of a woman in love.:)


1
p.s. we had a news crew come in and interview us... it was cool!


2
3
45
6


The most beautiful thing in the world is a match well made.

7
8
99b
9c
1011


Dear Lord, if he cannot share a life with me is it wrong to ask that he not share it with anyone? That we go on as we go on now, him stopping by at any hour, always the brightest part of our lives, a natural and easy member of the family. i would be content if he would just stay single Lord, that's it, if he would just stay single that would be enough for me to be perfectly satisfieed...Almost...Amen.


12
13
14
15
16


Mr. Knightley, if I have not spoken, it is because I am afraid I will awaken myself from this dream. 


17
18
19
20


I do not wish to call you my friend, because I wish to call you something infinitely more dear.


21
21b2223


Marry me. Marry me, my wonderful, darling friend. 




Clothing : sweater Anthropologie
                   shirt : ASOS
                   shorts: Urban Outfitters
                   shoes: Forever 21
VENUE : Hightower Hall Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. ohmysoul....eeeeek i miss being there and these are so beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete