our blogjust usthe sitefeatures

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sassy Housewife 3 : Apple Chips

HELLO LOVELIES!
I Cryssi am on a cooking bender.  This is something in years past I have hated, but I am determine this year to be a better wife, and a healthier me, so here I am on this little ole journey.  One thing that I am trying my darndest too cut out of my life, as much as possible, is a lot of processed foods.  Now don't get me wrong, I know most everything is processed, but I can't take eating one more bag of chips, or one more frozen lunch.  I just can't do it.

Today I wanted something sweet and crunchy to accompany my turkey wrap for lunch, but I have no chips in my house, and I didn't want a raw apple so I tried out something I saw on pinterest.. apple chips.  DELISH!

So here are my 4 easy steps to making my apple chips.. my mistakes, and amendments!

OK first choose your apples.  I used Granny Smith.. if you like your apples more tart I would say go with this, but if you are wanting something a little more sweet you may want golden delicious.  Peel your apple.. this was mistake #1 on my part... I just didn't like the peel once it was cooked, but hey everyone is different.  try out different things.. who knows the peel may be your favorite part.  Next, cut your apples in thin slices.. if you have a mandolin slicer, please use it.. I have one {SOMEWHERE} which I couldn't find.. so I used a knife.. and cut myself!

Secondly .. Dust your apple slices with brown sugar and cinnamon, or coat them, whatever your pleasure!
Next Spray cooking oil on a cookie sheet, heat over to 350 and place in oven for about 12 minutes.. check after about 8 as everyone's oven is different, and hey you may even need 15 minutes



I really enjoyed my lunch today.. this was the perfect thing to satisfy my sweet tooth, and a happy little side dish for my lunch! Make them for the kids or the hubby!  I know they will love them! Until next time Lovelies!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment